Starting Strength

Discussion of peer refereed articles and clinical applications

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, darshana, stuward

Would you recommend Mark Rippetoe's Starting Strength for Novice's Program?

Yes
77%
No
No votes
Undecided
23%

Total votes: 13

jeffrerr
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by jeffrerr » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:12 am

Well aftert reading the introduction and half of the squat section of SS, I found that the local library has a copy I cna take out so no illegal downoad YAY!

So things I've noticed already: I'm too inflexible and have too big a belly to do a good form "full squat bottom position stretch" so I need to work on that, I was trained (not by college coach, by a PT I now realise was useless) to look up as I squat so I will train that out during stretches, my "ankles" are inflexible and my heels lift so I will need to work on lower leg flexibilty too and my "shoulders" are inflexible and I will need to work on that to get to the lower bar position for squats, I'm used to the higher position. This is slightly annoying as I used to have good form and now my years of laziness are the only thing to blame for this need for extra preparation!

Anyway I can't wait to find out what issues I need to address for the DL, Press, Power Clean and Bench Press now! I haven't been this enthusiastic about learning in years!

John