Skinny fat help. Unsure of what diet to go on.

Ask or answer questions, discuss and express your views

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, parth, stuward, jethrof

vomocotu
former lurker

Skinny fat help. Unsure of what diet to go on.

Post by vomocotu » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:06 am

Hi all, first of I’m new to the forum so apologies if I’ve posted this in the wrong section, anyway.

I’m 6ft and weigh 13.1 stone.
About just over a year ago I was around 10.5. I was really skinny and I started gym and “bulking”, I didn’t take gym too seriously and I bulked by just eating whatever I could get my hands on, I didn’t watch what foods I was eating as long as it was high in calories. I now have normal size arms etc however a lot of weight has gone on my stomach. I really do not know much about diet etc and need some help. Just before lockdown I started to get really into my gym routine however was still eating bad. Now lockdown is coming to and end and gyms are reopening I am unsure what to do with my diet. Ideally I want to get a decent bit of muscle on my arms and a shaped chest and get rid of this stomach fat. What would be the best diet wise or could someone point me in the right direction? Thanks

PanicJacob
n00b
n00b

Re: Skinny fat help. Unsure of what diet to go on.

Post by PanicJacob » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:08 am

Hello vomocotu! I know this is a bit late but I hope you found some good information. First off, how much are you currently eating? What is your current routine? If you haven't been tracking your food then start off with tracking without changing anything while still performing your current exercise routine. That's your best bet to see what your current caloric intake is, then we can work off that.

I'm sure in hindsight you know now that while eating for mass is a viable strategy it can have an undesired effect of additional fat mass instead of muscle mass.