Lat machine

Discussions concerning various equipments, accessories, homemade items, gadgets, etc used in the pursuit of fitness

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, ianjay, stuward

ironmaiden708

Lat machine

Post by ironmaiden708 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:05 am

Iv'e got a lat/row machine, what style handles/attachments would you recommend so I can work the greatest variety of muscles.

TimD
In Memoriam: TimD

Post by TimD » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:21 am

I have the Bodysolid power rack, which had an optional lat/row pulley assembly avail. I got it. What came standard w/ it was a longer bar with the bent ends (standard thing shown in most lat pull pics) and a shorter, maybe 10-12 inches long, bar,probably for rows. I added on a shorter triangle shaped handle, plus one more. I'll try to describe it. From the connection point the bar goes downward at about a 45 degree angle, then curvestowards the lifter parallelto the floor as a "handle". The distanc between the handle poles are approx 14-16 inches. I went with this because it provided a cofortable shoulder width for me, and allowed a semi-supinated grip (palms facing) for both rows and pulldowns, and also works great if I mount it on the tp crossbar of my rack and do chins with it. One other handle I have I did't buy, I made it, and that wa pretty simple. I went to the local hardware store and got a 3 ft piee of heave, approx 1 inch in diameter, rope, and use it as a handle for various moves. I've found that between these, I have no problem doing pretty much what i want to with my pulley system.
Tim

ironmaiden708

Post by ironmaiden708 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:22 am

I wish I did know what you were talking about on that last handle you were trying to describe. But I do seem to have the ones that I would need and even a couple you never specified. Such as a chinning triangle which I have found to be great for cable rows and also the revolving stirrup handle.

----> is this it? http://www.fitnessscape.com/page/F/PROD ... 61e6af16d0

TimD

Post by TimD » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:32 am

Yep, that's it. It is sweet for both pull downs and seated row when you want a comfortable palms facing grip. Just wide enough so your not putting much pressure on the wrists.
Tim