Discussion of peer refereed articles and clinical applications

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, ianjay, stuward

jonfrodo
n00b
n00b

Pain in Brachialias

Post by jonfrodo » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:12 am

Hi Guys

Every thing going great here I am achiving my goals but I have an injury and it is keeping me awake at night, it is in the Brachialias at the bottom about 2 inches where the upper arm meets the lower, lol where they join. I note that the brachioradalis connects the humerus lol (upper arm bone) to the radius (shortest lower arm bone) and aids in flexing the elbow. This is intresting in that the pain is worse when I ride my bike for 40 min every day.It hurts most when I ride my bike. I notice that if I put my arm out in front of my body and stretch it outward and twist my arm from side to side that the pain will subside for a while. Any ideas would be great.

Thanks

Jonfrodo

corless319
Novice
Novice

Post by corless319 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:20 am

so what your saying its the head of the bicep that goes to your inner elbow that is hurting you or am i wrong?

shaf_43
Rookie
Rookie

Post by shaf_43 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:32 pm

Where is your pain exactly when you ride your bike?

KPj
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Post by KPj » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:20 am

This is a great article in that respect,

13 Tips to Mighty Elbows and Wrists - Eric Cressey
http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1270397

One to try straight away is tip number 11, high rep band press downs and curls.

I've seen this cause immediate relief after 2-3 days. And it will take 1-2 minutes. Do it every day, make sure to keep the intensity low, your just trying to get more blood flow, and see how it goes - I would be interested to hear if it helps.

KPj

trainer Chris
Rookie
Rookie

Post by trainer Chris » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:12 am

well, to answer your question, its called golfers elbow. its over use of the elbow in an out stretched position. i see it sometimes when peoplee over use their triceps. which you are doing when holding yourself up on the bike. its as simple as over use injury from every day abuse on the bike for 40 min. just take a week off and use some icyhot. it will subside.

stuward

Post by stuward » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:30 pm

I don't know how you can diagnose golfer's elbow from the description given. There are loads of muscles in the forearm and golfer's elbow is affects the tendons from one specific muscle. The OP said it was his brachioradalis which is on the wrong side of the arm to be golfer's elbow.

Stu