This is the site I've been looking for!

Ask or answer questions, discuss and express your views

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, jethrof, parth, stuward

adam45h
n00b
n00b

This is the site I've been looking for!

Post by adam45h » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:04 am

Amazing, after fooling around at all these other fitness sites I think I've finally found the one that has the answer to every single question I've ever had about working out.

Of course I wouldn't be a new guy if I didn't ask something in my first post, so I was wondering if anywhere on this site is a straight list of all the exercises it details (details magnificently, that is)? I'm about to switch up some of my routine and I'm really looking to get in depth with it, focusing on hitting as many muscles as possible throughout my workout. To organize it all I'm planning on using Microsoft Excel, and if anyone had a list of every single exercise that would be extremely helpful.

Also, if anyone has already tried this, I'd love some advice or pointers!

stuward

Post by stuward » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:23 am

The directory list is here. http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html

Welcome to the sites. Many of are familiar with these exercises and can answer questions. There are exercises missing from this list so if you are looking for something slightly different, just ask.

Stu

KPj
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Re: This is the site I've been looking for!

Post by KPj » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:57 am

adam45h wrote:Amazing, after fooling around at all these other fitness sites I think I've finally found the one that has the answer to every single question I've ever had about working out.

Of course I wouldn't be a new guy if I didn't ask something in my first post, so I was wondering if anywhere on this site is a straight list of all the exercises it details (details magnificently, that is)? I'm about to switch up some of my routine and I'm really looking to get in depth with it, focusing on hitting as many muscles as possible throughout my workout. To organize it all I'm planning on using Microsoft Excel, and if anyone had a list of every single exercise that would be extremely helpful.

Also, if anyone has already tried this, I'd love some advice or pointers!
I use Excel to write my training programs too. Advice on that would be the obvious, really - print it out and take it with you when you train, along with a pen. Tracking progress is key, you can waste a lot of time if you don't.

Good luck!

KPj

corless319_

Post by corless319_ » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:03 am

Welcome! I love the site as well and promote it to all my friends and really anyone I see in the gym! haha This is by far the best workout site online. The videos alone make this site number one. NO JOKE. You have questions ask there are a lot of experienced weight trainers atheletes and more on here that have a ton of information we can share with you.

tostig
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by tostig » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:28 am

stuward wrote:The directory list is here. http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html

Welcome to the sites. Many of are familiar with these exercises and can answer questions. There are exercises missing from this list so if you are looking for something slightly different, just ask.

Stu
Because I get confused with all those latin muscle names, I also use this site to quickly jump to the exercises I want.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exercises.htm

adam45h
n00b
n00b

Post by adam45h » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:13 pm

Thank you all for the welcome, definitely gonna stick around. I've been playing around with alot of things on this site yesterday and today, and I gotta admit, I had no idea that some of these workouts hit so many different muscles! Anyone know just how accurate those listings are? The "cable one-arm twisting seated row" hits like 15 different muscles. Wish I had found this place earlier!