Movies So Bad They're Great!!

Off topic discussions. Feel free to talk about anything here.

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, ianjay, stuward

Matt Z
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Post by Matt Z » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:56 pm

"I actually saw "The Legend of Boggy Creek" in the theater. Awful. But it had some laughs." - TeeBee

I think bad movies are best viewed at home with a few friends. Then you can make fun of them without offending anyone.

PS.) Has anyone else here seen "Mystery Science Theatre 3000"?

Ironman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ironman » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:31 pm

I have seen a few of them. Including the actual movie. Even though they are all technically movies.

Matt Z

Post by Matt Z » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:27 pm

Of course, SciFi has a wealth of super-crappy movies. Pretty much all of the SciFi original movies qualify. No premise is too absurd ... No actor too inept.

Matt Z

Post by Matt Z » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:28 pm

Which reminds me, "Lake Placid" was amusingly dreadful. Nothing beats Betty White swearing like a sailor.

Then SciFi did an even worse straight-to-cable sequel with all no-name actors.

ellerbus
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by ellerbus » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:38 pm

Matt Z wrote:Of course, SciFi has a wealth of super-crappy movies. Pretty much all of the SciFi original movies qualify. No premise is too absurd ... No actor too inept.
Why is that ... they make these great 1 hour shows like Battlestar, Stargate, Farscape, Dresden Files, Dr. Who (I know it's BBC), etc. ... but every Saturday/Sunday night they have these crap movies, with crap actors, crap special effects, based on crappy plots. What gives?

Chris_A
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by Chris_A » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:52 pm

Matt Z wrote:Which reminds me, "Lake Placid" was amusingly dreadful. Nothing beats Betty White swearing like a sailor.
Betty White made that movie. Her scenes are the reason I actually watched that movie a second time. It came on once on TV and was censored. I had to turn it.

pdellorto

Post by pdellorto » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:19 pm

I watched MST3K a lot. You can find many full episodes online, too, with the approval of the Best Brains (the producing company). Good stuff.

I guess Bloodsport might qualify for me as "so bad it's good" in that it's crap but watchable crap. My favorite "bad" movie is actually "Real Men" with John Ritter and Jim Belushi. Not an A-grade movie, solid B-grade stuff. Pretty stupid, but for some reason I love it. Quotable ("The KGB went on a lunch break?" "They're not as dedicated as we are, Bob."), ridiculous plot, and Ritter and Belushi play it dead straight. Fun stuff.

tyler

Post by tyler » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:31 pm

Oh my...you guys are missing Tremors on this list! One of the best bad movies ever made!!! :green:

Matt Z

Post by Matt Z » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:43 pm

Deffinitely, and the sequels were even worse. They made a total of four
Tremors movies including a prequel set in the old west.

johnny-owen
former lurker

Post by johnny-owen » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:29 am

I read all the threads and cant believe nobody mentioned the true modern classic - 'Snakes On A PLane'. Worth watching the entire film just to hear Samuel L. Jackson shout, "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. I HAVE HAD IT WITH THESE MUTHAF**KIN SNAKES ON THIS MUTHAF**KIN PLANE"....genius

jeffrerr
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by jeffrerr » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:38 am

Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy, basically an excuse for a bunch of one liners, loved it! "I Love Lamp"

Dusk Til Dawn (and sequels)

Freddy Got Fingered

Kung Pow Enter the Fist

The Goonies

Transformers Original from 1986

The Castle (Aussie comedy, pre-Hollywood Eric Bana as an obssessed kickboxer is hilarious!)

There's plenty more but I can't bring them to mind right now!