Ropeless Jump Rope

Discussions concerning various equipments, accessories, homemade items, gadgets, etc used in the pursuit of fitness

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, ianjay, stuward

Chris_A
Associate Member
Associate Member

Ropeless Jump Rope

Post by Chris_A » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:43 pm

It's.......well.......I really haven't the words.

What's next? Weightless weight lifting? :green:

http://www.jumpsnap.com/index.html

hoosegow
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Post by hoosegow » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:13 pm

I think my home gym is now complete...

TheHeb
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by TheHeb » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:13 pm

"Did you know that the age-old jump rope is one of the most effective fitness and fat burning exercise you can do! Serious athletes swear by it, fitness experts endorse it, and studies prove it! So why aren't we all doing it? Simple, because it's not easy!"

Yeah that about sums up it up.

Buy my silly product if you don't like doing work! Three easy installments of 19.99!

pdellorto
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Post by pdellorto » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:51 pm

It's so hard, only experts can jump rope. Er, and small children everywhere.

After all, it takes minutes - precious minutes! - to learn to jump rope.

Gah. It's not a freaking unicycle...which, by the way, is the next wave in stability/spinning classes! The unicycle spinner, mounted in a rack so you can't fall, but it wobbles just enough to allow for some "stability training."

Ironman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ironman » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:23 am

Well, I see somebody is bored.

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:50 am

pdellorto wrote:It's so hard, only experts can jump rope. Er, and small children everywhere.

After all, it takes minutes - precious minutes! - to learn to jump rope.
Alright you guys! Did it occur to you that there might be someone on this forum who actually can't jump rope, and that your cutting jokes might really hurt his (or her) feelings?

Actually, it didn't hurt my feelings, and actually I can jump rope. A little bit. Sometimes 6 or 8 jumps without wrapping the rope around my feet. However, I'm not ordering a JumpSnap any time in the foreseeable future.

I wonder if the Wii could be made to do this?

Ironman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ironman » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:10 am

It would be possible using 2 remotes. The balance board can pick up vibrations in the floor. They could even make a rope with handles you put the remotes in. Kind of like the sports attachments.

pdellorto

Post by pdellorto » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:17 am

Dude, Wii can do anything.

But here's some motivation for you. I used to jump rope as a kid. My sister and our friends and I used to do double-dutch. We even figured out how to tie off ropes to the water pipe on the house so we could double-dutch skip with only two people.

Flash forward to three years ago, about 25+ years of no jumping rope. I actually needed to re-learn from scratch. I started out single-skipping, not even two-foot jumping. My coach laughed at me, fair enough. One of my friends said "You can't jump rope well now, but you'll learn."

Now the only challenge I have is double-unders, which is largely because I don't use a speed rope...otherwise, it's all good. 3 x 3 minute rounds 2-3 times a week for 3 years adds up. :D

TheHeb
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by TheHeb » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:48 pm

Dude you don't even need two remotes to jump rope on the Wii, you could just use a remote in one hand the nunchuk in the other, and try to jump over the connecting chord. Now THAT would be a tough exercise.

mattk25
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mattk25 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:52 pm

LOL! This is hilarious!