Discussion of peer refereed articles and clinical applications

Moderators: Jungledoc, Ironman, stuward

Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Post by pdellorto » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:37 pm

Stubbed toes, mashed toes, deep feelings of gratitude for plates with gripping grooves, and athlete's foot are all part of the fun of lifting barefoot.

I did it for the past three years, and sometimes before that as well. Now I need shoes at my gym, so after two days using my cross-trainers I went and I got some Chuck Taylors so I could feel the floor better.

Post by robertscott » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:35 am

does your gym have rules saying you have to wear shoes? I know some gyms are like that.

The gym i use is not the greatest but it's fairly liberal about things like that, they tend to pretty much leave you to it.

Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by jeffrerr » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:21 am

I've never thought of this before! I'll be wearing my Converse Dr J's from now on! They have basically the same sole as a Chuck Taylor! I had been wearing new style basketball boots with a lot of cushioning in the heel but it seems the Dr J's would be heaps better!

Post by daniel4738 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:37 am

I trained barefoot for a few weeks until the guy at my Gym asked me to wear shoes to keep the floor clean (I didn't realize people are made that stupid).

So I started with flip flops and took them off for the lifts and they complained about that too.

So now I wear a pair of normal shoes and I realize how different the lifting is wearing them. I will see if I can find some converse all stars and try those.