What a bunch of Swines

Off topic discussions. Feel free to talk about anything here.

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, darshana, stuward

KPj
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

What a bunch of Swines

Post by KPj » Fri May 01, 2009 8:17 am

Whad'ya think of all this Pig Flu stuff? I reckon there will be legitimate cause for concern but, no more cause for concern than normal Flu. I reckon it's typical overhyped media crap. To put it lightly.

The following article on it is pretty good. It accuses goverments of conspiracy to boost the economy and stuff like that which could be deemed a little far fetched (or not), but generally, it's quite eye opening.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... e-Flu.aspx

I particularly like the stuff about the vaccine for the normal type of flu. Being Asthmatic, I get a letter every year to go and get that vaccine (for free), but I stopped getting it years ago. It just gives you the Flu. I've had flu before but since i've started lifting (and stopped getting the vaccine), I've maybe only had it once, at the most.

KPj

stuward

Post by stuward » Fri May 01, 2009 8:35 am

Eat fish and avoid grains and you should be able to avoid the flu.

TimD
In Memoriam: TimD
In Memoriam: TimD

Post by TimD » Fri May 01, 2009 9:58 am

It's definately overhyped, and over here on this side of the pond, the late night radio talk shows are having a field day with it. On Coast to Coast w/ George Nouri, you ought to here the conspiracy theories they're coming up with. "It's a scare tactic to allow government to take over total control", is just one of many being tosse around.
Tim

hari
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by hari » Fri May 01, 2009 4:31 pm

It makes me bread and worried.

What i know that a cause of this terrible things is come from Bird flu influenza which swine flu is infected by Bird Flu.
But the most things which make me more fear is that Swine Flu begain
to contract to Bird again.This time the power of infection to human to human became more rapid and high death raise.

Ironman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ironman » Fri May 01, 2009 6:26 pm

At work someone (in management) put out antibacterial hand sanitizer. Presumably in response to the swine flu. That is an epic fail! I was laughing when I saw it. Some people are so utterly clueless.

Ironman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ironman » Fri May 01, 2009 6:28 pm

stuward wrote:Eat fish and avoid grains and you should be able to avoid the flu.
I didn't know about that. Please explain.

hoosegow
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Post by hoosegow » Fri May 01, 2009 6:59 pm

Fish don't get the flu because they don't eat grains.

stuward

Post by stuward » Fri May 01, 2009 7:35 pm

You get Vitamin D and Omega 3 from fish which strengthen the immune system. Grain weakens it.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/how-not- ... swine-flu/

Jebus
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Jebus » Mon May 04, 2009 8:48 pm

Ironman wrote:At work someone (in management) put out antibacterial hand sanitizer. Presumably in response to the swine flu. That is an epic fail! I was laughing when I saw it. Some people are so utterly clueless.
Same, at my work we have 3 of them I think.

I honestly think we need a pandemic, people need to die. And those that survive will come out ontop stronger then before.

This world seems to be really over populated and i think it would be benificial for the whole world.

ironmaiden708

Post by ironmaiden708 » Mon May 04, 2009 11:25 pm

No precautionary measures need to be taken....no global pandemic....overhyped just like H5N1

KPj

Post by KPj » Tue May 05, 2009 3:41 am

I already take lots of fishoil and Vitamin D anyway. * Big sarcastic sigh of relief *

It's just bizarre when you hear the headlines talking about the big Pandemic yet quoting stats like, "AS THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE INFECTED GLOBALLY REACHES 1000". Wow, 1000. The rarest disease known to man probably affects 1000 people world wide (that was a guess, but you get the point).

I actually stay in the part of Scotland that has the confirmed cases (Ayrshire). It's maybe early days yet but I just can't see many Scots running around with face masks on.

http://doihaveswineflu.org/

KPj

jeffrerr
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by jeffrerr » Tue May 05, 2009 4:12 am

As a nurse I work on the ward next to the Infectious Disease Control Unit (I work on the Cancer Ward where 90% of patients are immunosupressed, someone with brains had the day off when they planned the hospital layout obviously!) and we've been told that the risk associated with swine flu is minimal to nil! It's basically a flu mutation similar to the normal yearly mutations. It sort of developed in Mexico and the USA are terrified of Mexicans crossing it over the border, that's what it all boils down to! It's just a media hyped, doomsday scare that will blow over long before the news outlets stop reporting about it!

John

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Tue May 05, 2009 10:42 am

The flu formerly known as "Swine flu" is just flu with a scary name. Any strain of flu can cause deaths, usually in people who already have other diseases.

I'm not a conspiracy buff, but I think it would be fun to come up with some conspiracy hypothises, like--

The whole thing was started by the face-mask industry.
Ditto the hand sanitizer industry.

Ideas?