hmm my body looks unproportional

Ask or answer questions, discuss and express your views

Moderators: Jungledoc, Ironman, stuward

hmm my body looks unproportional

Post by ChawngkuhH » Sun May 28, 2006 7:44 pm

okay. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. My chest is still in the works and so are my abs. but it looks like theres a huge gap between my chest and my abs. Its directly below my chest. Now I don't know if that gap is suppose to go away once I build my chest more or if it's part of the upperabs. Any ideas??

Code: Select all

So, from the side it looks somethign like this:

)  <--- chest
    (   <--- gap??
     )  <--- upper abs
     |  <--- lower abs

Post by Ironman » Sun May 28, 2006 10:18 pm

It sounds like your pecs are just a little higher on your rib cage. This is just a genetic thing. When I push on the space between my chest and abs I feel the sternum and part of the rib cage. It could be your gap is bigger then other people's.

Post by Guest » Mon May 29, 2006 10:38 am

It's most likely genetics.

It would be better for you to post a picture of what you're talking about so we can know for sure what's going on.

Post by zeratum » Mon May 29, 2006 8:41 pm

I have a similar build, wide hips. an hourglass figure, which I hate because it's pretty feminine. Work on widening your lats with lat pulldowns and wide grip pullups and do your back exercises real strict. I've gotten more of a v-shape when I open my chest up, but when I have my shoulders slumped I don't.

Matt Z
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Post by Matt Z » Tue May 30, 2006 12:24 pm

If I were looking at you from the front would the "gap" form a straight line, or would it look like an upside down V?

While square shaped pecs are often prefered, it's genetics that determine exactly where/how the pectorals attach to the sternum and thus their shape.

Post by ChawngkuhH » Tue May 30, 2006 7:45 pm

Sorry for not being more clear earlier, but I do not have a camera. But I'm talking about this area in red. It caves in and my chest and abs below that bulge out.

Post by Ironman » Tue May 30, 2006 7:51 pm

I sort of have that. The gap is there because both my abs and pecs stick out. I have about a 2 inch gap there that is rib cage and sternum. Yours may be more then 2 inches.