Caffeine

Ask and answer questions, discuss research and applications

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, ianjay, stuward

Blackadder
n00b
n00b

Caffeine

Post by Blackadder » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:42 am

After reading around 100 articles of varying opinions, I cannot come to a definite conclusion on whether caffeine will inhibit the full benefit of creatine.

I have seen improvement on creatine while simultaneously taking caffeine, but I wonder if I short-changed myself by not taking creatine alone.

I have a hard enough time getting up at a quarter to five to get my workout in, and the last three days without my tall mug of industrial-strength 'Jittery Joes' house blend have left me sleepwalking through my first 2 or three sets.

Any thoughts on this, especially personal experience, would be very helpful.

TimD
In Memoriam: TimD
In Memoriam: TimD

Post by TimD » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:35 am

I know this will vary from individual to individaul, but , from personal experience, I've gotten up, swilled down some of what you call "coffee", and have chaed it with disolved creatine. Didn't really seem to matter. I know the theory is that caffeine kills the effectiveness of creaitne, but it didn't seem to make a difference with me. Everytime I use cretine, my 1RM goes up, as dse my bodyweight. I don't know if thats true with all people

Blackadder
n00b
n00b

Post by Blackadder » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:48 pm

Thanks Tim, that makes me feel better, and gives me something to look forward to tomorrow morning.

hoosegow
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Post by hoosegow » Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:17 pm

I've never had a problem with mixing the two. NOxplode has creatine and caffeine in it. Just drink enough water to negate the diuretic effect of the caffeine.