Is it new, or have I not been paying attention?

Off topic discussions. Feel free to talk about anything here.

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, ianjay, stuward

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:19 pm

According to my calculations, at the present pace Apolyton will outrank us all by sometime next week!

Jebus
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Jebus » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:41 pm

His posting on the forums is a workout itself lol.

I should just start my own workout journal so that I can actually vote.

Rucifer

Post by Rucifer » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:55 pm

LOL @ the last two posts.

Ironman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ironman » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:30 am

Yea, I just did this last night. I had to create the special rank of "Exalted Seer" for Stephen Johnson, so I added 12 regular ranks, which go by post count.

Ironman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ironman » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:37 am

Rucifer wrote:Oh and whoever came up with these titles is a huge dork...at least "Deific Wizard of Sagacity". Sounds like a character in D&D or something :razz:

More of a geek actually. Although some would say dork applies as well as nerd. I did play entirely too much D&D when I was younger, and I still have a giant bag of dice in the closet as well as books and other things. The Ranks have nothing to do with D&D though. In this instance, "wizard" is more in the context of wise.

KPj
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Post by KPj » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:09 am

I'm going to get tactical with this. I'll start dividing my posts into a series of shorter posts to get my count up :wink:

I could get there in about an hour.

KPj

pdellorto

Post by pdellorto » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:00 am

I guess it's fitting, me being a wizard. I still play RPGs - I started with D&D back in 1980-81 or so, and I still write for an RPG games company. And it beats T-Nation ranking you by how much money you've spent on their supplements.

But mostly my sagacity comes from posting at least once a day - a daily journal will add up. Poly will catch me in no time though.

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:00 am

Ironman wrote:Yea, I just did this last night. I had to create the special rank of "Exalted Seer" for Stephen Johnson, so I added 12 regular ranks, which go by post count.
So what are the possible ranks? Where do I stand? What are the privileges and powers associated with the ranks? Will I get wiser when I go up a rank?

pdellorto

Post by pdellorto » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:02 am

Jungledoc wrote:So what are the possible ranks? Where do I stand? What are the privileges and powers associated with the ranks? Will I get wiser when I go up a rank?
When you level up, you get more hit points and more powers.

Sadly I don't play a class-and-levels game so all I get is more points to spend on skills and stats. I'm going to save them up and buy up my ST.

wilburburns

Post by wilburburns » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:02 am

Quoted from this post.. http://exrx.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7010
Site Admin (This is a default rank that is in the software)
Exalted Seer (The only other special rank)
These are the regular ranks with minimum post count.
n00b 0
Rookie 20
Novice 50
Apprentice 100
Junior Member 200
Associate Member 300
Member 600
Advanced Member 1000
Senior Member 1500
Veteren Member 2000
Omniscient Member 2500
Deific Wizard of Sagacity 3000
Doc,
I have a couple of topics we could vote on. But since I'm just an associate, can you give one of your votes to me as a proxy? hahahah

Cliff

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:06 am

Jungledoc wrote:
Ironman wrote:Yea, I just did this last night. I had to create the special rank of "Exalted Seer" for Stephen Johnson, so I added 12 regular ranks, which go by post count.
So what are the possible ranks? Where do I stand? What are the privileges and powers associated with the ranks? Will I get wiser when I go up a rank?
OK, I see the answer to my first question on the other thread.

So Exalted Seer can only be granted upon the nomination by an Omniscient Member or higher, right?

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:08 am

KPj wrote:I'm going to get tactical with this. I'll start dividing my posts into a series of shorter posts to get my count up :wink:

KPj
There could be a "Loquacious Member", a special category for those who post a lot but don't say much.

I think that you should get extra credit, because you do add a lot of good content. I feel uncomfortable outranking you. I'll take it, though, for the higher pay grade.

stuward

Post by stuward » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:07 am

Jungledoc wrote:
KPj wrote:I'm going to get tactical with this. I'll start dividing my posts into a series of shorter posts to get my count up :wink:

KPj
There could be a "Loquacious Member", a special category for those who post a lot but don't say much.

I think that you should get extra credit, because you do add a lot of good content. I feel uncomfortable outranking you. I'll take it, though, for the higher pay grade.
Us Omniscient guys get paid at least twice as much as mere Veterens. I wonder how much the wizards get.

Rucifer

Post by Rucifer » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:34 am

Ironman wrote:
Rucifer wrote:Oh and whoever came up with these titles is a huge dork...at least "Deific Wizard of Sagacity". Sounds like a character in D&D or something :razz:

More of a geek actually. Although some would say dork applies as well as nerd. I did play entirely too much D&D when I was younger, and I still have a giant bag of dice in the closet as well as books and other things. The Ranks have nothing to do with D&D though. In this instance, "wizard" is more in the context of wise.
I meant no offense. You're talking to a rpg nerd/geek yourself. But I see...for some reason, I think of sage as more wise than wizard. But I guess sage of sagacity would be a little stupid!

Wouter
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by Wouter » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:29 pm

... sounds kinda funny? :lol:
Or is it because I'm still in my teens?