Pemmican

Ask and answer questions, discuss research and applications

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, ianjay, stuward

Jebus
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Jebus » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:11 pm

stuward wrote:I thought it was only gravy and cheese curds that went on top of french fries.
ahhaha poutine is so good with vinager.

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:17 pm

Rucifer wrote:I'm a standard american. Nothing beats ketchup and french fries, I don't care how un-paleo/high carby it is :wink:. So do Europeans put ketchup on their burgers either?
I'm a fairly standard American, and I hate ketchup on my fries. Gravy is pretty good, though, although that's not American at all. I picked it up in Canada. My Canadian wife uses Ketchup.

For burgers, our Australian friends consider a slice of beet and a fried egg to be standard. I like both of those, but they seem quite unhamburgerish to me.

Ironman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ironman » Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:12 pm

I was never big on ketchup, I used to eat fries plain most of the time. I liked the steak fries with mayo. Later I discovered that's how they eat them in the UK, or so I heard.

When I was 18 I worked at a steak sandwich place. We would put these big whole potatoes in this press thing with a grid at the bottom, it would cut them into strips, and drop into a tub underneath it. Then we stick them in the friar for about a minute to lock in the freshness. We'd have a bunch those in the cooler. Then we cook them to order. So every order would be fresh out of the friar. Those were very good especially with mayo.

The portions were insane, even the small was big. People would bitch about the price ($3 and change for a large in 94-95) until they saw how much they got. The large was scooped with a quart size cup.

ApolytonGP
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by ApolytonGP » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:03 pm

JD is American? :sad: I was going to troll him for being a Papua headhunter. :evil: