So did Poly get banned?

Off topic discussions. Feel free to talk about anything here.

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, ianjay, stuward

ApolytonGP
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by ApolytonGP » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:26 pm

I wasn't able to login and figured I was banned*.

*It has happened before (what's really strange is that both sides of debates will ban me...must be something wrong on both sides):
Climate: The Blackboard, What'supwiththat, Realclimate, Open Mind, Climate Audit (probably a few more)
Economics: Greg Mankiw, Brad Delong
Fitness: Lyle Mcdonald
Gaming: Age of Empires, AOL civ boards (old)
Girlfriend-related: Knitting world, embroidery forum (I was showing her how to troll...nothing like starting acrylic versus wool and bottle versus breast debates....they got most mad when I advised them on menstruation and found out I was male...I was just getting my guts up to advise on birthing.. :()
Gymnastics: GGMB, International Gymnast, WWGym, plus a slwe of blogs and youtube channels
Politics: Volokh.com, Swiftboatveterans for truth
Sports: Extremeskins.com

stuward

Post by stuward » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:36 pm

ApolytonGP wrote:... (what's really strange is that both sides of debates will ban me...must be something wrong on both sides):..
When both sides are mad at you, you know you're close to the truth.

Good to have you back.

Rucifer

Post by Rucifer » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:36 pm

ApolytonGP wrote:I wasn't able to login and figured I was banned*.

*It has happened before (what's really strange is that both sides of debates will ban me...must be something wrong on both sides):
Climate: The Blackboard, What'supwiththat, Realclimate, Open Mind, Climate Audit (probably a few more)
Economics: Greg Mankiw, Brad Delong
Fitness: Lyle Mcdonald
Gaming: Age of Empires, AOL civ boards (old)
Girlfriend-related: Knitting world, embroidery forum (I was showing her how to troll...nothing like starting acrylic versus wool and bottle versus breast debates....they got most mad when I advised them on menstruation and found out I was male...I was just getting my guts up to advise on birthing.. :()
Gymnastics: GGMB, International Gymnast, WWGym, plus a slwe of blogs and youtube channels
Politics: Volokh.com, Swiftboatveterans for truth
Sports: Extremeskins.com
So is it a contest to see how many times you can get banned? Doesn't seem all that productive...course, if you weren't here, perhaps I'd be the black sheep of the board, so by all means, stay :wink:

ApolytonGP
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by ApolytonGP » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:58 pm

Wow...very cool. Thanks for putting up with my antics.

Wouter
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by Wouter » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:08 pm

ApolytonGP wrote:Girlfriend-related: Knitting world, embroidery forum (I was showing her how to troll...nothing like starting acrylic versus wool and bottle versus breast debates....they got most mad when I advised them on menstruation and found out I was male...I was just getting my guts up to advise on birthing.. :()
literally laughed out loud at this one

jml
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by jml » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:11 pm

How did you get banned from the AOE and Civ boards? (I've never been on those forums but played both series)

pdellorto
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Post by pdellorto » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:39 pm

ApolytonGP wrote:they got most mad when I advised them on menstruation and found out I was male...I was just getting my guts up to advise on birthing.. :()
Sort of like when you advise us on squats and deadlifts, then?

TimD
In Memoriam: TimD
In Memoriam: TimD

Post by TimD » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:20 pm

OK, that's all I need to hear. Do something like that one more time, you will be gone. We have people here that want to hear advice from people that have walked the walk, then , and maybe then, reluctantly, share their experiences. We don't need a joker that advises on things they have never experienced.
Tim

hoosegow
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Post by hoosegow » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:34 pm

Well Tim, it seems like he is purposely trying to get kicked out of as many different forums as he can. I'd say oblige him with one more.

ApolytonGP
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by ApolytonGP » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:25 am

I don't think you exactly get me right, Tim, but it's probably a fine point. Do what you need to do. Too bad...have enjoyed asking questions about details.

Ironman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ironman » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:45 am

stuward wrote:
ApolytonGP wrote:... (what's really strange is that both sides of debates will ban me...must be something wrong on both sides):..

Good to have you back.
Or more likely he isn't involved in the argument at all. He's instead, just being a royal pain in everyone's ass.

hoosegow
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Post by hoosegow » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:16 am

ApolytonGP wrote:
My questions tend to be about just understanding stuff...cause I'm...kind of a geek. But...I'm 44...it's not gonna change.
Wow Poly, you are 44? I really thought you were a 13-16 year old know it all kid.

stuward

Post by stuward » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:13 am

Ironman wrote:
stuward wrote:

Good to have you back.
Or more likely he isn't involved in the argument at all. He's instead, just being a royal pain in everyone's ass.
That could be too. :grin: