Harder isn't ALWAYS better

Off topic discussions. Feel free to talk about anything here.

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, ianjay, stuward

A. moss
Associate Member
Associate Member

Harder isn't ALWAYS better

Post by A. moss » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:03 pm

I went to the gym with my friend the other day to do he's routine and hangout. Well, when we get there, he did pretty much everything I've learned not to do on here (Controlled motion machines, like 8 or 9 sets of curls, and VERY bad form). So any ways, he's routine (witch came out of a mag he bought) called for RDL, I have never done RDL's before in my life and didn't know the correct form, so I start doing just DL with good form and he goes off about how he know good form for it and "shows me how" so i start doing them and after about 5 to 6 reps at 215 - 225 my back mess's up (I have a bad back anyway) and I couldn't do another rep if I wanted to. So what dose he tell me.........................
"RDL's make it harder huh"...........ARRHH....... I just wanted to hit hem. I was thinking its not RDL's that make it harder as much as bad form on RDL's that make it harder. to top it all off I've been sick sense Monday and really haven't work out that hard. But anyway my point is Harder isn't ALWAYS better if making it hard means breaking form and snapping your back.

Matt Z
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Post by Matt Z » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:44 pm

Romanian Deadlifts are a good exercise performed properly. However, you're supposed to use less weight on Romanian Deadlifts than you would for regular Deadlifts. Likewise, you should always start light when you first try a new lift (or one you haven't done in a long time).