Does anyone on here take a pre-workout supplement?

Ask or answer questions, discuss and express your views

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, parth, stuward, jethrof

NightFaLL

Post by NightFaLL » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:43 pm

Wouter wrote:I think pumps might increase your gains, by providing a lot of blood and thus nutrients for that muscle.
That's the myth, but it's not true.

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:59 pm

Wouter wrote:I think pumps might increase your gains, by providing a lot of blood and thus nutrients for that muscle.
Muscles have good circulation and get lots of blood without any outside help. The idea that we have to do something special to "get the blood flowing" or "give the muscle more blood" comes up all the time. The body does a great job of regulating blood flow.

A. moss
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by A. moss » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:17 pm

NightFaLL wrote:
A. moss wrote:Okay, I have been using Jack3d for about 7-8 months and couldn't be more pleased with it. It tastes WAY better then other NO's, Its WAY cheaper then other NO's and it works better then other NO's. I've read that you think it has Maltodextrin in it and I'd like to clear that up. ("Jack3d has ZERO Maltodextrin or other fillers")

http://www.usplabsdirect.com/catalog/pr ... cts_id=111

Read that all the way though.

And yes I would personally cycle Jack3d. I buy a "pump supplement" for that reason exactly, to feel the pump. If you don't cycle NO supplements after a while its like drinking water (you wont feel anything).

Let me know if I missed anything.
Pumps are irrelevant to muscle gain.

NO supplements don't work and I don't believe jack3d labels itself as such. It's simply an energy booster - as almost all of the stuff in it is energy related.
When I say "pump" I guess I don't mean what you think I mean. When I say "pump" I mean exactly what you sed.. energy. It pumps me up and I feel more focused and can do more weight. and I know your going to come back with "Just drink some coffee" but coffee (that I'm aware of) doesn't have some ingredients that Jack3d has. Mainly, Beta Alanine.

Benefits of Beta-Alanine as supported by scientific studies:

Increase Muscular Strength & Power Output.

Increases Muscle Mass

Increase Anaerobic Endurance

Increases Aerobic Endurance

Delay Muscular Fatigue- Train Harder & Longer.

--------------

To shawnxearth: Yes, I do get huge pumps from it "bro". although I don't buy it for the kind of pump you think I buy it for.

xshawnxearthx

Post by xshawnxearthx » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:02 pm

A. moss wrote:
NightFaLL wrote:
A. moss wrote:Okay, I have been using Jack3d for about 7-8 months and couldn't be more pleased with it. It tastes WAY better then other NO's, Its WAY cheaper then other NO's and it works better then other NO's. I've read that you think it has Maltodextrin in it and I'd like to clear that up. ("Jack3d has ZERO Maltodextrin or other fillers")

http://www.usplabsdirect.com/catalog/pr ... cts_id=111

Read that all the way though.

And yes I would personally cycle Jack3d. I buy a "pump supplement" for that reason exactly, to feel the pump. If you don't cycle NO supplements after a while its like drinking water (you wont feel anything).

Let me know if I missed anything.
Pumps are irrelevant to muscle gain.

NO supplements don't work and I don't believe jack3d labels itself as such. It's simply an energy booster - as almost all of the stuff in it is energy related.
When I say "pump" I guess I don't mean what you think I mean. When I say "pump" I mean exactly what you sed.. energy. It pumps me up and I feel more focused and can do more weight. and I know your going to come back with "Just drink some coffee" but coffee (that I'm aware of) doesn't have some ingredients that Jack3d has. Mainly, Beta Alanine.

Benefits of Beta-Alanine as supported by scientific studies:

Increase Muscular Strength & Power Output.

Increases Muscle Mass

Increase Anaerobic Endurance

Increases Aerobic Endurance

Delay Muscular Fatigue- Train Harder & Longer.

--------------

To shawnxearth: Yes, I do get huge pumps from it "bro". although I don't buy it for the kind of pump you think I buy it for.
:wink:

Halfbreed
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Halfbreed » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:56 pm

I use a BCAA product called X-Tend before my workouts, and glutamine/whey protein/alpha lipoic acid afterwords. I used to swear by Animal Pumps, but I'm finding them no longer necessary with this supplementation routine I'm on.

NightFaLL

Post by NightFaLL » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:47 pm

Getting 'scientific backing' from their webpage isn't really scientific backing, but I don't think jack3d is a bad product at all.

caangelxox

Post by caangelxox » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:57 pm

my order of jack3d came today and I ordered it yesterday. I am going to use it tomorrow before I go to the gym after I get home from the chiropractor and eat lunch before I go to work. I am not going to take 3 scoops because I dont think I even need 3 scoops with being a girl, 110 pounds, 5 foot and plus that is where side effects come in place. I just want a little boost to get me energized for my workout.

Allstarhealth.com is just like iherb, comes in the mail the next day after I order. :)

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:02 pm

I've been wondering for a long time about your user name on the forum. My reading of it is "California Angel, kiss-hug-kiss." Am I right? If so does that mean that you are an angel from California with love for the world, or does it mean that you love the California Angels? If it's the latter, you would be hard-pressed as to the exact name of that venerable (but hated by Seattle fans) team, which can't really decide where it belongs.

caangelxox

Post by caangelxox » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:54 pm

I live in california (southern california) 45 minutes from orange county and 45 minutes from hollywood. I believe we are all angels from God that love one another and care for one another (I believe we are all one big family and that no one should be hating on anyone..and no one is indentical..we are all different and have different talents, no one is the same, not even a twin.

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:00 am

I was sure that it had something to do with the baseball team. Oh, well, now we know!

Ironman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ironman » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:30 am

caangelxox wrote:I live in california (southern california) 45 minutes from orange county and 45 minutes from hollywood. I believe we are all angels from God that love one another and care for one another (I believe we are all one big family and that no one should be hating on anyone..and no one is indentical..we are all different and have different talents, no one is the same, not even a twin.
Well that explains a lot.......

Ironman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ironman » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:34 am

Halfbreed wrote:I use a BCAA product called X-Tend before my workouts, and glutamine/whey protein/alpha lipoic acid afterwords. I used to swear by Animal Pumps, but I'm finding them no longer necessary with this supplementation routine I'm on.
Hey, you're back! Your sentence was up a little while back. So I assume you're on the outside now. How's that been going?

Yes, I know I'm kind of hijacking the thread, but it's for a good reason. After this quick news bulletin, this thread will resume it's regularly scheduled programming already in progress.

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:49 am

Halfbreed wrote:I use a BCAA product called X-Tend before my workouts, and glutamine/whey protein/alpha lipoic acid afterwords. I used to swear by Animal Pumps, but I'm finding them no longer necessary with this supplementation routine I'm on.
How did you get enough food, especially enough protein while in prison to support developing your squat? And I assume that you other lifts aren't insignificant.

A. moss
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by A. moss » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:14 pm

Jungledoc wrote:
How did you get enough food, especially enough protein while in prison to support developing your squat? And I assume that you other lifts aren't insignificant.

My dad was in prison for 2 years, and he sed the only way he could get enough protein was to buy peanut butter with what little money he made........ I like peanut butter, but I don't think I could eat it for every meal.

Halfbreed
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Halfbreed » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:39 pm

I worked in the k-word, so ate tons and tons of eggs. I still to this day buy five dozen eggs at a time just for me. However, I also had a good rapport with the guards, so was able to create a program for supplementation and purchase my supps online.

That was, however, while I was in the transitional facility. While in the regular facility, I would walk around on hard boiled egg days, collecting all the hard boiled eggs the other guys wouldnt eat, and eat them when I needed to, as I needed to, as well as waas mentioned earlier....peanut butter.

I gained some extra body fat though, because I wasn't always able to eat lean proteins and ate whatever I could for the extra nutrition. And I was just wondering when you were going to show up ironman, you're still holding on to the same avatar, I see. Yep, my release was April.