What is the best for flat hips?

Ask or answer questions, discuss and express your views

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, ianjay, stuward

alexdesouza222
former lurker

What is the best for flat hips?

Post by alexdesouza222 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:49 am

I'm a 30 years old men and I have flat hips and I'd like to have more circular and buxom hips..

What can I do to make them....? what is the best way? and another question; what is the easy way?

thanks in advance
look and keep

Ironman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ironman » Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:11 am

Well, if I understand you correctly, what you need to do is squats and deadlifts. That should round it out for you.

standAPART
Rookie
Rookie

Post by standAPART » Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:32 pm

Going with Ironman..I suggest focusing on exercises that work the glutes.

alexdesouza222
former lurker

Post by alexdesouza222 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:51 am

Thanks for your responses.. That's all? really?
look and keep

Matt Z
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Post by Matt Z » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:46 am

That's it. It's not really neccessary to target the hip muscles specifically, since they get worked hard doing other lower body movements like squats, deadlifts, lunges, leg presses, hack squats, etc.

Stephen Johnson
Exalted Seer
Exalted Seer

Post by Stephen Johnson » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:46 pm

alexdesouza222 wrote:Thanks for your responses.. That's all? really?
The powerlifting-style squat (wide stance) tends to emphasize the glutes, while the Olympic-style squat (hip width) tends to emphasize the quads.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/tya4.htm

Bodybuilding-style squats are closer to Olympic squats, with the difference being that bodybuilders don't go as low. Oversized quads are a plus in bodybuilding, bt an oversized butt isn't - even if it's muscular. Needless to say, few bodybuilders use powerlifting-style squats in their training. But the hip joint is the biggest and strongest in the body, and powerlifters use it to hoist up record poundage in the squat and deadlift

Ironman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ironman » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:08 am

Yea every powerlifter I have seen has some serious getto booty. I just wish I knew some female powerlifters.

Keith Rowland
Rookie
Rookie

My Booty

Post by Keith Rowland » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:38 pm

My wife has commented that, for an old fart, I have a very tight, full butt. I attribute this to my weekly devotion to squatting, usually four to five sets of 10 - 12 reps with enough weight to make me sweat for it. Usually, I also superset my squats with leg curls. I'm going to a bench,dead lift competition tomorrow and will be sure to keep my camera lense open for you, Ironman.
Bio: Age 56; former NPC Masters Champion (1990); teacher; married with kids; heroes: John Grimak and Frank Zane; favorite sport: Steelers Football (worked in TV with R. Blier); hobbies: canoeing, cycling, free weight exercise.