cottage cheese?

Ask and answer questions, discuss research and applications

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, ianjay, stuward

kelsea123
Rookie
Rookie

cottage cheese?

Post by kelsea123 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:21 am

is it good for you?!! obviously in moderation ofcourse...

RobertB
Associate Member
Associate Member

Re: cottage cheese?

Post by RobertB » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:33 am

it's fine - good low carb food.

mark74
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by mark74 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:35 am

Very good. As long as you don't have lactose intolerance, that is. It contains a lot of quality proteins and has relatively little in the way of fats and carbohydrates, that makes it a useful tool for a person who's on caloric restriction but still aims to reach a certain protein intake, i.e. it's one of the classic bodybuilder foods :)
I don't know where the blind could lead the sightless
but I'd still like to witness

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:07 am

Moderation? It would be hard to imagine how you could have excess cottage cheese.
Our greatest fear should not be of failure, but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.--Francis Chan

Jebus
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Jebus » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:36 am

I get quite agitated when people constantly use the, "in moderation," stance when it comes to diet. Usually because they know little info on the topic of discussion or when opposing evidence is presented to them and they sheer for cover under the, "humbling," words.

stuward

Post by stuward » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:07 pm

Jebus wrote:I get quite agitated when people constantly use the, "in moderation," stance when it comes to diet. Usually because they know little info on the topic of discussion or when opposing evidence is presented to them and they sheer for cover under the, "humbling," words.
There are lots of foods that could be consumed immoderately. I would include eggs and cheese in this group but their will always be someone that shouldn't eat them at all. I could say the same about spinach and broccoli. The real solution is to know what you personally can and can't eat and stay away from crap. Of course that means trying different foods, cutting out different foods and keeping an open mind. Above all, ignore any advertising or guidelines from organizations influenced by anyone with a profit motive.
Stu Ward
Thanks TimD

Jebus
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Jebus » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:38 pm

Agreed, Stu.

Obviously, moderation is so subjective when it comes to diet. I'm just annoyed by the incorrect use of the word.

NightFaLL

Post by NightFaLL » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:52 pm

I eat meat in moderation, 3-4lbs a day. ;)

kelsea123
Rookie
Rookie

Post by kelsea123 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:22 am

your right i do know little information about the topic obviously why i was asking about it and obviously why my thing says noob!

RobertB
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by RobertB » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:33 am

kelsea123 wrote:your right i do know little information about the topic obviously why i was asking about it and obviously why my thing says noob!
I'm sure it wasn't aimed at stifling you Kel :) - It was just about the term being over-used even in full blown "professional" articles too, not about a curious person venturing onto the board.

kelsea123
Rookie
Rookie

Post by kelsea123 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:41 am

o alright well then i apologize lol sorry rob =)

Michealleo
former lurker

Post by Michealleo » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:07 pm

Right now i am on low carb diet and i guess i can't take it . That;s why i am using chadder chees and that's working fine for me . i think cottage chees had more fats than chadder chees .

Oscar_Actuary
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Post by Oscar_Actuary » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:49 pm

Michealleo wrote:Right now i am on low carb diet and i guess i can't take it . That;s why i am using chadder chees and that's working fine for me . i think cottage chees had more fats than chadder chees .
No. Chadder has more
Of course Chadder has much less water per gram, but if you measure per gram of Protein, Chadder is still fattier. And tastier. And better on Hambargers.

Ironman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ironman » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:56 am

Michealleo wrote:Right now i am on low carb diet and i guess i can't take it . That;s why i am using chadder chees and that's working fine for me . i think cottage chees had more fats than chadder chees .
Keep in mind that attempting to spam is a good way to get a 10 pound chadder wheel shoved right up your fat Pakistani ass. We are not amused.

Oscar_Actuary
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Post by Oscar_Actuary » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:54 am

Heh, I knew it. Nice work
Guess the Mininion(sp?) HMB dude (or his post at least) was shown the door as well?

really appreciate your diligence to keep this place clean
too many Trolls or Spammers would be bad.