Dr Oz

Off topic discussions. Feel free to talk about anything here.

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, ianjay, stuward

TimD
In Memoriam: TimD

Dr Oz

Post by TimD » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:40 pm

Stu wrote in another thread "Dr. Oz is nuts." Thought it might be a bit more appropriate to comment here. Yeah, he can be a bit off the wall on saturated fat, but he pretty much agrees with the natural foods vs big food processed stuff, and definately supports organic veg and grass fed meat.

The guys got cajones the size of grapefruits. Last week he went after the FDA on apple juice with arsenic levels being too high, and really pi$$ed them off. This week, he 's going against big pharma by putting out information of holistic healing/prevention and other sorts of alternative medicine, and listing herbs and supplements. I can't wait for big Pharma to go after this one. For those of you in the US, the lobbies are going into congress to try and get supplements banned. This was tried before in the 90's, and luckily, Sen Hatch from Utah got it stopped. What's going to happen this time.

Ironman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Dr Oz

Post by Ironman » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:35 am

If Dr. Oz is for alternative medicine, then I agree with Stu. You know what they call alternative medicine that actually works?

Medicine.

robertscott
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Post by robertscott » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:16 am

Ironman wrote:If Dr. Oz is for alternative medicine, then I agree with Stu.
I hate alternative medicine. My girlfriend lives with a chick who's got a cabinet full of every herbal remedy in existence, and she's always ill! Now, I'm not saying that the medicine is making her sick, but you'd think she'd have realised it isn't stopping it from happening. She spends a fortune on it.

As for Dr Oz, we don't have that in the UK, but funnily enough I saw 5 minutes of it once in Cuba. He was telling everyone to supplement with fish oil and vitamin D which I thought was pretty cool

stuward

Post by stuward » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:59 am

The world needs nuts like Dr. Oz, it's just that you can't always take what he says seriously. People tend to hang onto everything he says like it's gospel but IMHO, a lot of what he says is just to be contraversial. However, there is a lot of good in his recommendations. If he shakes up the establishment, that's a very good thing.
Stu Ward
Thanks TimD

TimD

Post by TimD » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:28 am

stuward wrote:The world needs nuts like Dr. Oz, it's just that you can't always take what he says seriously. People tend to hang onto everything he says like it's gospel but IMHO, a lot of what he says is just to be contraversial. However, there is a lot of good in his recommendations. If he shakes up the establishment, that's a very good thing.
Actually, Stu, that's the whole point of the show. Put out controversial issues to give both sides of the picture to the public. He doesn't even necessarily agree with the guests. It's just getting the issue out there. One week he had a show on medical marijuana, and had both sides on putting out their views. He didn't take a side at all, just acted as a moderator.