sweat pants pockets

Off topic discussions. Feel free to talk about anything here.

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, ianjay, stuward

Mcteague
n00b
n00b

sweat pants pockets

Post by Mcteague » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:07 pm

This is a quick rant post about something that irritates me.
Why can't makers of athletic clothing include real pockets? Not little decorative ones, but real ones.
Pockets that can hold my cell phone and wallet without them falling out all the time.
Just compare the pocket in your regular pants to that in your sweat pants. Its almost twice as large.

A lot of people don't like to leave there wallets in the locker. A lot of people like to keep their phone with them, especially if they use it to log their workout. Most people have to travel to the gym.

I just annoyed at having to pick up my phone or wallet or keys off the street because the pockets are two small in my sweat pants. Don't the manufactures know we have to carry things.

BTW, Please don't suggest I get a "fanny pack". I am not really the Texas Tower type, but that might just push me over the edge.

Thanks for letting me rant for a moment

Oscar_Actuary
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Re: sweat pants pockets

Post by Oscar_Actuary » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:08 pm

lol @ Texas Tower type

I was not aware that it was difficult to find sweats with adequate pockets

jlmoss
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by jlmoss » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:06 pm

That's only because you wear bikini briefs when you work out. :headbang:

And why not though. It is your own house. hehe

Oscar_Actuary
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Post by Oscar_Actuary » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:55 pm

jlmoss wrote:That's only because you wear bikini briefs when you work out. :headbang:

:cheers:

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:11 am

jlmoss wrote:That's only because you wear bikini briefs when you work out. :headbang:

And your YouTube channel.
Our greatest fear should not be of failure, but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.--Francis Chan

nickp320
Rookie
Rookie

Post by nickp320 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:13 am

Jungledoc wrote:

Epic win. :green:
Will Ferrell wrote: I wans to have 3 kids and name them Ctrl, Alt, and Delete. Then if they fv(k up I'll just hit them all at once.

Oscar_Actuary
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Post by Oscar_Actuary » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:39 am

Jungledoc wrote:

I see what you did there

Mcteague
n00b
n00b

Post by Mcteague » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:47 am

I actually prefer to work out spartan style. But the trip to the gym became problematic, and then my neighbors started to complain about my backyard workouts.

It probably true that this is more a problem of my being a fat ass than the sweat pants themselves. But some of the pockets are a bit small. I had just had to pick my wallet out of a puddle when I posted. Really irritating.

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:47 am

Oscar_Actuary wrote:I see what you did there
Yeah. We ganged up on the troll. But we're sorry.

A little.
Our greatest fear should not be of failure, but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.--Francis Chan

parkbrb
former lurker

Post by parkbrb » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:34 am

My wife lent her white Windjammer sweat pants to our granddaughter, who proceeded to cut off the bottom 12 inches or so. Does anyone have a pair, size medium or large, new or lightly used, that they would be willing to part with? I would be happy to pay a reasonable price and shipping.

Oscar_Actuary
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Post by Oscar_Actuary » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:46 am

pulease

robertscott
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Post by robertscott » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:04 pm

oh my, that is possibly the greatest spam post I have ever seen! I love everything about that!

...and if it's not spam then I will personally buy you a pair of lightly used sweatpants as an apology

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:05 pm

That has to be the most confusing post ever. Can it be spam? What is he spamming about, or what is he leading up to? Is he confused about the nature of this forum? Does he just think we should have a "For Sale or Trade" section, and is using this in it's stead?

I have a pair of worn, baggy extra-large grey sweatpants. Is that almost the same thing? The poster would have to pay postage from PNG, and it would take several weeks to get there.

Why doesn't the granddaughter just buy her grandma a new pair? That's what would happen at my house. She would work for the necessary money, if she didn't already have it.

Oscar_Actuary
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Post by Oscar_Actuary » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:27 pm

it's either random hilarity to watch us discuss, or it's spamming the brand, and he wanted to link

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:54 pm

I got curious about the brand, so I googled it (thus possibly helping a spammer to accomplish his or her goals), and look what I found, posted on a sailing site under the name "CapitolCruisers":
My wife lent her white Windjammer sweat pants to our granddaughter, who proceeded to cut off the bottom 12 inches or so. Does anyone have a pair, size medium or large, new or lightly used, that they would be willing to part with? I would be happy to pay a reasonable price and shipping.

Thanks.
Oddly, this was posted April 3, 2008, but not replied to on that forum until 2010.

What does it all mean?