Ask or answer questions, discuss and express your views

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, ianjay, stuward

jlmoss
Associate Member
Associate Member

The DB complexes sticky...

Post by jlmoss » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:31 pm

h t t p : / / alwyncosgrove.com/2000/01/complexes/
Cosgrove's take on using complexes for conditioning and fat loss, submitted by Stu. I've gotta try this routine.
Tim
The above link downloaded a virus or something to my computer and ruined it. I had to wipe the computer completely and re-install. Had to make a separate link since the thread was locked. I guess ya'll can delete this after the link is taken care of or whatever, I dunno.

Ironman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The DB complexes sticky...

Post by Ironman » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:14 am

I haven't the foggiest fv(k1ng idea what you're talking about.

stuward

Post by stuward » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:25 am

I don't know what virus protection you're using but I had no problem with that link.
Stu Ward
Thanks TimD

jlmoss
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by jlmoss » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:43 am

Ironman wrote:I haven't the foggiest fv(k1ng idea what you're talking about.
hehe, was talking about the last link in the sticky thread above about BB/DB/KB complexes. Oh well, if Stu isn't having a problem then maybe it's just me. I do have Avast running real time which is supposed to be one of the top ranked and Malwarebytes as backup (not real time) which is the program Microsoft uses to clean up computers when calling them for support.

Maybe my auto update wasn't working to get the definitions updated or something. *shrug* Just figured I would let someone know since if it happened to me, it could happen to someone else.

Ironman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ironman » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:31 am

I didn't have problems with it.

jms
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jms » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:33 am

Actually, the OP is correct. The site has been infected with malware, most probably because it uses/used a vulnerable version of WordPress, which is known for having terrible security vulnerabilities.

If you run it through a malware scanner like this site you can get some (but not much) more information.

The "3.5~3.5~51.5" is just an encoded script. If you're using an up-to-date browser, it probably can't do much to you, but people with out of date browsers could be in for a nasty shock. It probably exploits a browser bug to download something else... and from there, it can do anything (e.g. steal passwords and banking info).

You're really lucky to have noticed something was up. Someone should probably tell Mr Cosgrove about it.

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:25 pm

Thanks, jms!
Our greatest fear should not be of failure, but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.--Francis Chan