Random crap

Off topic discussions. Feel free to talk about anything here.

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, ianjay, stuward

robertscott
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Re: Random crap

Post by robertscott » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:50 am

I had a customer in the shop today asking me about "lean muscle pills." After a spot of googling we discovered he meant a product called "Lean Muscle Formula". This product has got some of the most amazing advertising and outrageous claims I have ever heard. The following are excerpts from the website:

"Are you fed up of all the teasing you go through due to your sleek rather thin body? Do you want to achieve a powerful macho physique? Are you not satisfied with your dull, boring sexual life? Here is a perfect solution for you -A perfect muscle building & sexual booster supplement called Power Precision Lean Muscle Formula. Due to this supplement you can unleash your animal magnetism!"

"It is medically tested to enhance sex drive, libido and sexual activities in males of all ages. This advanced formula product makes you harder and stay hard longer."

"The muscle building supplement is a proprietary, patented blend of numerous mesmerizing ingredients"

"The body building supplement is engineered for you to regulate blood circulation and also build perfect macho body which you invariably wish to have."

"Transforms sleek muscles into powerful brawny looks"

"Provides ultimate hunky body"

"Improves the blood circulation within your fragile muscles"

the really sad thing is this marketing totally worked on the guy. He was adamant that this was the product for him.

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:15 am

robertscott wrote:...numerous mesmerizing ingredients"
:laughing3:
Boy, do I ever need to be mesmerized!
Our greatest fear should not be of failure, but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.--Francis Chan

robertscott

Post by robertscott » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:51 am

KPj

Post by KPj » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:42 am

robertscott wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyXplN23 ... r_embedded[/youtube]
Brilliant. I'm stealing it :salute:
Thanks TimD

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:15 pm

Hey! Tell my what it's about.
Our greatest fear should not be of failure, but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.--Francis Chan

KPj

Post by KPj » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:11 am

It's called "how to pick up a girl at the gym" and has a guy getting all psyched up, then he basically cleans and jerks a girl, putting her above his head, then slams her down. It's very nicely done.
Thanks TimD

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:15 am

Ah. I've seen that, or something similar, back before the strict firewall settings. I'm probably the reason that they clamped down.

Matt Z

Post by Matt Z » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:13 pm

It really irks me when people post political signs on property that doesn't belong to them.

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:21 am

I'd say: "It really irks me when people post political signs....

robertscott

Post by robertscott » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:35 am

Jungledoc wrote:I'd say: "It really irks me when people post political signs....
haha, exactly what I was going to say

Ironman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ironman » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:44 am

I'll just be glad when it's all over. And I don't even get much exposure. Other than a little post season baseball, I haven't been watching any live tv. I never watch live tv unless it is some sporting event, and I watch very little sports. I also have ad block, so no internet ads either. So most people probably get 100 times more exposure than me, I also find politics interesting, and even I am sick to death of it. So I can't even imagine how it is for someone who watches live tv a lot, has no ad block, and doesn't like politics much to begin with. They're probably going nuts by now.

Oscar_Actuary
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Post by Oscar_Actuary » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:44 pm

Pecan Pie is back at Sam's Club

time for a bulking phase

robertscott

Post by robertscott » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:01 am

Oscar_Actuary wrote:Pecan Pie is back at Sam's Club

time for a bulking phase
you should buy shares in that place

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:33 am

Ironman wrote:I'll just be glad when it's all over. And I don't even get much exposure. Other than a little post season baseball, I haven't been watching any live tv. I never watch live tv unless it is some sporting event, and I watch very little sports. I also have ad block, so no internet ads either. So most people probably get 100 times more exposure than me, I also find politics interesting, and even I am sick to death of it. So I can't even imagine how it is for someone who watches live tv a lot, has no ad block, and doesn't like politics much to begin with. They're probably going nuts by now.
At least in the US, there aren't too many people trying to kill supporters of candidates they don't like, which is how it is often done here in PNG. Several people told me (even as I was sewing up yet another election violence victim) the this years' election had much less violence than previous ones. This was the first one that I've been in-country for.

Ironman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ironman » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:39 am

Wow, they're pretty hardcore over there.