Goals for 2013

Ask or answer questions, discuss and express your views

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, ianjay, stuward

Proper Knob

Re: Goals for 2013

Post by Proper Knob » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:26 am

I've had a think about this. The short answer - continued progress. The longer answer -

Squat - 140kgs x 10
Bench - 100kgs for at least 5
Deadlift - As near to 500lbs (227.5kgs) as possible.
Pullups - Actually some PR's this year.
Press - 70kgs
What if the Hokey Cokey really IS what it's all about?

KPj
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Post by KPj » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:23 am

To compete.

Simple.

Don't even care about numbers, just want to get in and record a total and get the experience. Then assuming I enjoy it as much as I think I will, do another 2 in the same year. I need to do one first, though.
Thanks TimD

KenDowns
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by KenDowns » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:44 am

KPj wrote:To compete.

Simple.

Don't even care about numbers, just want to get in and record a total and get the experience. Then assuming I enjoy it as much as I think I will, do another 2 in the same year. I need to do one first, though.

:headbang:

ephs

Post by ephs » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:08 am

KenDowns wrote:

Simple.

the events in the us are full of people or not? i just found some local championships for my province and they dont even have more than one guy per weight class :grin:
"his hands can't hit what his eyes can't see" - muhammad ali

KenDowns
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by KenDowns » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:52 am

ephs wrote:the events in the us are full of people or not? i just found some local championships for my province and they dont even have more than one guy per weight class :grin:
Entirely depends on the group sponsoring the meet. I've been to exactly one meet and there were 60 lifters, arranged in 3 flights.

However, even with 60 lifters, there are so many ways to enter that a lot of trophies get given out. I was in the Masters class (age 45-49), 198# weight class, classic raw (no knee wraps), amateur, male. Surprise Surprise I was the only person in that combination and so I got a trophy, 1st place no less!

The real competition is going on in the male open age category, that's where you'll see > 5 entries per weight class and these guys are trying to win.

KPj

Post by KPj » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:55 am

ephs wrote:
KenDowns wrote:

Simple.

the events in the us are full of people or not? i just found some local championships for my province and they dont even have more than one guy per weight class :grin:
I'm in Scotland. They're hit and miss, although apparently getting busier. My weight class is one of the most popular. The first competition of the year which is the one I want to do is supposed to always be busy.

I have one of my female clients doing this with me. There's not many female powerlifters. She stands a good chance of taking a scottish record or 2 in her weight class. Although surprisingly, the biggest lifts for raw female lifters in scotland comes from a girl who is 3 weight classes lighter!
Thanks TimD