Random crap

Off topic discussions. Feel free to talk about anything here.

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, ianjay, stuward

Oscar_Actuary
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Re: Random crap

Post by Oscar_Actuary » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:41 pm

this guy's hot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TjgZbpL ... XA&index=5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tbh, I like the trailor trash look
getme christina ricci in Black Snake Moan anyday. If I were single, obv.

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:05 am

The past 24 hours or so has seen the largest intake of carbohydrate in my year. Last evening was the annual party of some of our friends. Everyone brings Christmas goodies. There were a couple of non-simple carb treats, a seasoned bread, and some salty, cheesy crackery things, but the rest was pure sugar cooked, shaped and flavored in many ways. It was like a meal of sugar! I always love it at first, then I feel sick afterwards. There was sure some good stuff, though. On top of that, several families here give out packages or plates of goodies as gifts to all their friends--pretty much the same things that they brought to the party Saturday evening. So ever since the party, I've been eating more of the same. In the morning it's back to eggs. With the added yolks left over from the egg whites that I cooked with sugar for my contribution to the party.
Our greatest fear should not be of failure, but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.--Francis Chan

KenDowns
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by KenDowns » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:08 am

Oscar_Actuary wrote:this guy's hot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TjgZbpL ... XA&index=5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tbh, I like the trailor trash look
getme christina ricci in Black Snake Moan anyday. If I were single, obv.
Don't we usually do form checks in separate threads? Otherwise Doc gets upset that this thread loses its randomness.

Only thing I noticed was the weight seems very easy for you, therefore there's no reason for your upper back to be quite that rounded. Near max effort most of us will round, but not on what looks like an easy warm-up.

I'm less confident of this: I suspect if your back straightened out your hips would start lower, and you could actually get better leg drive getting it off the floor. But like I said, I'm not so sure about that. You'd have to see where thing settled when you straighten out that upper back.

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:34 am

Merry Christmas to you all!

It's been a bit of a strange Christmas for me, as I've been sick. Nothing major, just a bad cold that makes me tired, achy, coughing, runny nose, etc. So I haven't gotten to go to some of the gatherings here, nor could we have friends in today. It's also kept me out of the gym for several days. But I trust you will all have a great time with family and friends.
Our greatest fear should not be of failure, but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.--Francis Chan

ephs

Post by ephs » Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:04 am

merry christmas! get well soon!
"his hands can't hit what his eyes can't see" - muhammad ali

Oscar_Actuary
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Post by Oscar_Actuary » Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:16 am

KenDowns wrote:
Oscar_Actuary wrote:this guy's hot

Don't we usually do form checks in separate threads?
yeah, I wasn't posting this for form check.

ona related note, I may have moderate kyphosis

KenDowns
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by KenDowns » Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:55 pm

I feel it Doc, got sick myself Saturday night, now on Day 4.

KenDowns
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by KenDowns » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:04 pm

This moment of self-pity brought to you by Ken, enjoying his fifth day of complete sickness, counting how many days are left before going back to work...

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:22 am

Well, I'm almost over it, for those of you on the edge of your chairs. I went to the gym for some light bench, chins and rows on Thursday, went back for some squats today (Saturday here).

Matt Z
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Post by Matt Z » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:16 am

I got two new books from Amazon yesterday ... "The African Adventurers: A Return to the Silent Places" and "Sands of Silence: On Safari in Namibia" both by Peter Hathaway Capstick.

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:39 pm

Good photography?

Matt Z

Post by Matt Z » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:48 pm

"Sands of Silence" has photos. ... "The African Adventurers" might have a few, but it's mostly text. The latter is a collection of short biographys ... Each chapter deals with a different person.

ephs

Post by ephs » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:08 pm

namibia is a very interesting country. i read a lot about it, cause of it's history with germany. have you been there, matt?
"his hands can't hit what his eyes can't see" - muhammad ali

Matt Z

Post by Matt Z » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:27 pm

No, I've never been to Africa, but I'd like to go someday. I'd especially like so see East Africa (Kenya and/or Tanzania), but Namibia could also be interesting.

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:41 am

Happy new year from 2013. It seems like an OK year so far.