Help making plans

Discussion of peer refereed articles and clinical applications

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, ianjay, stuward

Oniw17
Rookie
Rookie

Help making plans

Post by Oniw17 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:12 am

So I plan to pursue a career in kinesiology. Eventually, I'd like to become a doctor of chiropractic. What I'd like to know, is what should I be looking for in am associates program? Thanks in advance.

Jungledoc

Re: Help making plans

Post by Jungledoc » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:01 am

I think that DC programs require a BS. If so, do you want to spend time on an AA?
Our greatest fear should not be of failure, but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.--Francis Chan

Oniw17
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Oniw17 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:06 pm

Actually, the first BS program I seen required the AA as a prerequisite, but after looking around more,I see that most of them don't. Another thing is that I don't think there are any kinesiology programs available in my area, and relocating isn't really a financially viable option at this point in time. So that leaves me with the online route. What type of accreditation should I be looking for, and are there any other things I should consider?

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:09 am

Sorry, I don't know anything about the accreditation of colleges, online or otherwise. Maybe someone else here does.
Our greatest fear should not be of failure, but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.--Francis Chan

KlimtFSU
n00b
n00b

Post by KlimtFSU » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:02 pm

Oniw17 wrote:So I plan to pursue a career in kinesiology. Eventually, I'd like to become a doctor of chiropractic. What I'd like to know, is what should I be looking for in am associates program? Thanks in advance.
Anytime you want to earn an advanced degree, regardless of subject area, talk to advisors from the school of the advanced degree. Whichever school you choose to attend for your dr of chiro degree will be experts on the most effective means to be a quality candidate.

Oscar_Actuary
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Post by Oscar_Actuary » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:03 pm

Best first post of the yr.

but quite a random reboot

KlimtFSU
n00b
n00b

Post by KlimtFSU » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:14 am

random reboot?

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:32 am

Yeah. The thread is a couple of months old, the OP not around. That's OK. You're new, and the thread is only a couple of months old. We get lots worse. I hope that the OP will see your post, though I doubt it. You are right that it makes more sense to ask people at the school institution (or a similar one) you intend to attend, not a bunch of guys on an exercise forum!

KlimtFSU
n00b
n00b

Post by KlimtFSU » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:35 pm

oh interesting... I guess I haven't been checking the dates of posts, this seemed like a busy forum. oh well.

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:28 pm

That's not to say that you shouldn't ever bump an old thread if you really have something that would be of general interest to add. Many times someone asks a question, but isn't involved any more. Sometimes they don't even acknowledge the answers they've gotten.