Andy's Journal Comments

Discuss online journals with trainers and training peers

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, ianjay, stuward

Jungledoc

Re: Andy's Journal Comments

Post by Jungledoc » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:16 am

5/3/1, or at least "5/3/1-like". Jason has given my my assignments for the first 4 workouts, at which time I'm supposed to report and get the next 4.
Our greatest fear should not be of failure, but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.--Francis Chan

robertscott
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Post by robertscott » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:08 pm

well well well, this has gone from old man ramblings to something rather interesting! ;)

Care to explain the world's greatest stretch?

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:46 am

Push-up position. Kick left foot up as close as possible to the left hand while keeping the back and hips straight. Flex the left elbow, touch it (or come as close as possible) to the left knee by rotating the T-spine, and try to slide it down the left lower leg toward the floor. Hold position for a few seconds. Return left hand to floor, return left foot to push-up position, then repeat on opposite side.

There are other things on You Tube by the same name. Jason also shows doing this from standing, sliding right leg back while placing left hand next to (inside of) the left foot, sliding the left elbow down, then back up, but has decided that the version he taught me is easier to teach.
Last edited by Jungledoc on Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: to make it right, and not confused with quadruped t-rotations.
Our greatest fear should not be of failure, but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.--Francis Chan

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:22 pm

Note corrections in post above.