multi-compound exercises

Ask or answer questions, discuss and express your views

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, ianjay, stuward

sav
Rookie
Rookie

Re: multi-compound exercises

Post by sav » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:23 am

Yeh, my point exactly. They taught us things that sound logical, like move from supported to unsupported exercises and stable to unstable (to progress). Using the bosu ball in a pushup is an example of this.

Any idea's of what fit balls/swiss balls and bosu ball is good for? i can only think of exercises such as russian twists or rollouts.

stuward

Post by stuward » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:47 am

This is an interesting study: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17530966" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"These results indicate that UST using inflatable rubber discs attenuates performance improvements in healthy, trained athletes. Such implements have proved valuable in rehabilitation, but caution should be exercised when applying UST to athletic performance and general exercise scenarios."
Stu Ward
Thanks TimD

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:05 am

sav wrote:Yeh, my point exactly. They taught us things that sound logical, like move from supported to unsupported exercises and stable to unstable (to progress). Using the bosu ball in a pushup is an example of this.

Any idea's of what fit balls/swiss balls and bosu ball is good for? i can only think of exercises such as russian twists or rollouts.
My comment was meant to be a caution.

Bosu balls are good for taking a good, practical workout and adding a big dose of (as Kenny would put it) Foo-foo.

Swiss balls have a few legitimate uses--roll outs, leg curls, stir-the-pot, etc.
Our greatest fear should not be of failure, but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.--Francis Chan