Help with something

Ask or answer questions, discuss and express your views

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, darshana, stuward

Oniw17
Rookie
Rookie

Help with something

Post by Oniw17 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:07 pm

Basically, let me see... I'm certainly not new to fitness. I played sports/martial arts as a kid. I was in the army. I've lifted weights a lot in life. I'm not exactly in bad shape physically. About 5'5", 150lbs, relatively cut, and not super skinny. I'm currently employed at a roofing company for about the next month. For that reason, I won't be buying any weights(I have them at home). My dimensions don't matter so much, as I'm more concerned with functional strength than bodybuilding. So... No weights, no equipment, functional strength, and 1 month. So like I said, I'm not exactly in bad shape, but I'm not capable of planche pushups anymore, and it takes only about 10 burpees to be winded. What I would like, is some help to be at my former glory when I go home(high-intensity ready). Here's what I've been doing for the last week:
5x25 bicycle crunches
5x25 flutter kicks
4x20 pushups
3x15 1 legged squats(ea side)
3x15 dips(with slightly different stances)
and a plethora of isometric stances(statues, yoga, forms, kata, et cetera)

As you see, the isometrics is really all that I'm doing for my legs, and I would also like to add some variation to my core exercises. Any advice?

Jclem23
Novice
Novice

Re: Help with something

Post by Jclem23 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:53 pm

I recommend buying an iron gym pullup bar. It's pretty cheap and practically required for a decent home workout.

Ironman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Help with something

Post by Ironman » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:40 am

I second the pullup bar, they're $20 and very useful. For legs, try pistols. Hold something to steady yourself if you need to.