What muscles you need for t-steppin?

Ask or answer questions, discuss and express your views

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, darshana, stuward

excore
Rookie
Rookie

What muscles you need for t-steppin?

Post by excore » Mon May 12, 2014 12:12 pm

What muscles you need mostly. Is your whole calf muscle working or just feet? And if you want to be lot faster then shouldn't you have much less bodyweight in whole body?

robertscott
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Re: What muscles you need for t-steppin?

Post by robertscott » Mon May 12, 2014 12:42 pm

the real question is why do a dangerous compound exercise like the melbourne shuffle when you could just use cables?

excore
Rookie
Rookie

Post by excore » Tue May 13, 2014 12:55 am

Well I would defienetly rather do 6 heavy feet reps on cables with one leg instead shuffling with heavy ass barbell on my shoulders.

But I dont plan to do neither. It will be my only source of doing cardio. Or well hiit training because I cant breath after doing it 1minute. Its fast and utilizes whole body. Tstep is my only concern and im wondering does it use big calf muscle or particularly some other smaller muscles

stuward

Post by stuward » Tue May 13, 2014 5:12 am

Strengthen your whole body. The dance step will work the muscles you need for the dance step. You need a whole body workout to keep the body in balance. By the way, when you're on your toes, you're working the calf muscles (Soleus, Gastrocnemius), on your heels, you're using your shin muscles (Anterior tibialis)
Stu Ward
Thanks TimD