Need help

Ask and answer questions, discuss research and applications

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, darshana, stuward

liaemars
former lurker

Need help

Post by liaemars » Sat May 26, 2018 4:46 am

Hi, so I need some help. Being summer time, I have finally found the time to dedicate to going to the gym. In grad school, it's tough to find the time while classes are in session.

Anyway, my goal as been to increase muscle and lose body fat. So far so good, so in combining weight training, HIIT, and weight lifting (not all on the same day, of course), my appetite has gone through the roof. While I know it's important to give my body the fuel it needs, I feel it is getting in the way of my fat loss goal. I would say 95% of the time I eat well (fruits, veggies, good fats, etc.).

Are there any recommendations of ways to suppress appetite, healthy snacks that won't hinder progress, etc? Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
Last edited by liaemars on Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

stuward

Re: Need help

Post by stuward » Sat May 26, 2018 4:17 pm

Try increasing the amount of protein. Not only does that help build muscle but it controls your appetite. Substituting one meal a day with protein shake is an easy way to lose fat.
Stu Ward
Thanks TimD

stuward

Re: Need help

Post by stuward » Sun May 27, 2018 10:58 am

Stu Ward
Thanks TimD