Trying to start a healthier diet, but totally lost. Need help

Ask and answer questions, discuss research and applications

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, darshana, stuward

harrykane140693
former lurker

Trying to start a healthier diet, but totally lost. Need help

Post by harrykane140693 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:56 pm

Hello,

I am a 17 year old, 6'1 male at about 145 pounds. Yes I know, that's pretty light, but I've decided/have started working out and working on bulking up. However, I know that working out is only half of the process.

I was looking for help on diet suggestions. All my life I've been generally an unhealthy eater, and since quitting top level soccer, I've realized it has made me feel terrible, and after slowly getting out of shape, I've decided to get back to work, eat healthy and get back in shape. I've been to my doctor, and she said loads of protein and a loads of healthy calories should do the trick... however I don't know where to start and what foods I should go to.

I'm not a picky eater by any means, but my problem is I don't enjoy eating often, so like 5 small meals a day isn't my type of thing.

So, I'm just here to ask if you guys have any meal/snack suggestions that pack a punch and are healthy? Any tips to help me bulk up would be much appreciated, if you've made it to the bottom of this nonsense, I thank you.

(I have a basic understanding of what foods to eat and avoid, however I don't know much....so any tips or any common knowledge concerning meal plans/diets/food in general would be much appreciated)