IP address permanently banned

Ask or answer questions, discuss and express your views

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, darshana, stuward

tostig
Apprentice
Apprentice

IP address permanently banned

Post by tostig » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:53 pm

I am travelling right now and am in Hong Kong. A couple of days ago I was in my friend's office where he has his own secured business network.

When I logged on with my laptop and checked the ExRx discussions, I got a notice saying I was permanently banned. It said the same thing on my phone, which I had used to post that thread about High School.

Needless to say you can see that I'm not really banned. I'm posting this with my own mobile account from my dining room table (still in Hong Kong).

So the ban must have been something to do with my friend's office network. Any ideas?

Pickettroy1991
former lurker

Re: IP address permanently banned

Post by Pickettroy1991 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:34 pm

Maybe you or your computer use some inappropriately... And you are entering an incorrect username or password to multiple websites or else you have a few accounts using with the same IP... If you try to change IP in windows or I Mac Os X and really not working, I think you need a VPN, it is point private connection it can rout your traffic. I have the same experience in my current IP address: 192.68.1.1 I used before and that's the thing I do... If not really works, try to search on google.