Hello there, I am 22 years old, 85kgs and 5 foot 9 inches. I have been training for around 6 years now, however, have always swapped between different routines never finding one I liked and worked for me scheduling wise. Recently I found this website, which has been extremely helpful. I have a busy work life, often working around 60-70 hours a week. Therefore, I want a routine which will help me develop all round health and fitness whilst focusing on aesthetics as efficiecntly as possible. My rough outline I have found from this website is as follows:
All performed with one warm up set, then one set to failure between these rep ranges.
Workout A: Push
* Chest (General) - BB Bench 5-8
* Quadriceps - BB Lunges 5-8
* Chest (Upper) - DB Incline Press 6-10
* Deltoid (Front) - DB seated Press 5-8
* Calves (General) - Calf Press 8-12
* Triceps - V Tricep Pushdown 6-10
Workout B: Pull
* Back (Lats) - Weighted pull-ups 5-8
* Hamstrings - DB SLDL 5-8
* Back (General) - BB Row 5-8
* Deltoid (Side) - DB Lateral Raise 8-12
* Biceps - DB Hammer Curls 6-10
* Abdominal - Ab Rollouts 1 set to failure
Progress weight when the upper limit of rep range is met.
Saturday and Sunday: Active Recovery
Could someone with some experience with this website please advise me and critique this approach? As I really want to find a style of training which helps me achieve my goals of all around health and fitness with an emphasis on aesthetics, whilst fitting into my schedule. Thank you in advance for any help you may give.
Ask or answer questions, discuss and express your views
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
Over the years no matter how many variations and other accessories I do I've always gravitated back to the basic barbell exercises.