P90X Fitness

Ask or answer questions, discuss and express your views

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, jethrof, stuward, parth

bob

P90X Fitness

Post by bob » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:59 pm

I was curious if anyone is familiar with the P90X fitness program and what their opinion is of it.

pdellorto
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Post by pdellorto » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:39 am

I've only looked it up when it's come up in discussions on other fora. Essentially, the opinion seemed to be that it works, but it's not cheap, and there are alternatives like Crossfit (also high-intensity, varied workouts) that are free. It's $120 (er, three easy payments of $39.95). Crossfit is free. Workouts on this site, these forums, and other sites are also free, so I'm not sure what you'd get from P90x that you wouldn't get from following another program just as rigorously.

But I have seen postings from people who did it and liked their results, so it's probably a good program, just not a cheap one.

trainer Chris
Rookie
Rookie

Post by trainer Chris » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:14 am

its only for moderate to advanced people

stuward

Post by stuward » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:40 am

One day at the gym, there was a fellow that brought the DVD with him so I did my warm up with him. From the few minutes that I saw, The DVD was basically similar to most that you see advertised on TV, with a group of people doing calisthenics. I know the series evolves into weights and is much more challenging than most DVDs. There is a guy on T-Nation that has used it a lot. He goes by the name "Streamline" and he hangs out in the "Over 35" forum. He would be a good one to ask. Here's a link to his thread: http://www.t-nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=1904851

Stu