Random crap

Off topic discussions. Feel free to talk about anything here.

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, darshana, stuward

Proper Knob

Re: Random crap

Post by Proper Knob » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:47 pm

No idea. There seems to have been a mass exodus.
What if the Hokey Cokey really IS what it's all about?

stuward

Post by stuward » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:17 pm

I see you post your workouts but this is like a desert otherwise.
Stu Ward
Thanks TimD

Proper Knob

Post by Proper Knob » Fri May 01, 2015 3:51 am

I keep posting in my log more out of habit. I didn't post too often in other threads because there were more knowledgable and articulate contributors than me. I still pop by here once a day to see if anything is happening.

KPj
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Post by KPj » Fri May 08, 2015 4:46 pm

I still check in occasionally. Been crazy busy recently though and the weeks and months have been getting away from me.

Hope you're all well and staying strong
Thanks TimD

Proper Knob

Post by Proper Knob » Sat May 09, 2015 7:07 pm

Do you know what happened to Bob KPj? He disappeared for a while, returned, and then left again.

KPj

Post by KPj » Tue May 19, 2015 10:13 am

I actually bumped into him last summer-ish. Think it was August / September. I was attending a layne norton workshop and training day and Bob worked at the gym that was hosting it! Small world.

hopefully he's still workin there, was/is a great gym. I need to see if I still have his number, always wanted to catch up with him but life's been hectic.

Around 6 months ago I started taking a regular day off, and as off last week, I now have 2! Been years since I've had a weekend, looking forward to being slightly less of a headless chicken.

Also, for those interested, I was at a summit in England (Birmingham) and got to watch Gary taubes get slaughtered in a debate on carbs / insulin with Alan Aragon. Great stuff.
Thanks TimD

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:31 am

Well, can there be anything more random then me popping up again?

For those of you who have assumed that I'm dead, you're wrong. For those of you who have been wishing that I was dead, sorry to disappoint.

I'm alive, if not well, still living in the jungles of Papua New Guinea. I'm even still training regularly! A lot of people drop out of the forum when the stop training, but not me.

I'll post else where about all the gory details, but the short version is that I've had increasing back and joint pain. Jason Nunn, who is, or at least used to be a member here, has helped direct my training for the past 3-3 1/2 years. A great guy, full of knowledge and great training ideas, and has been very generous with his time. He's helped me workout programs that minimize axial loading, and thus further damage to my back. Although I diagnosed myself as osteoarthritis, I've recently received a diagnosis from somebody who knows a lot more than I do, labeling me as spondyloarthropathy. That's a good news/bad news joke. The bad news is that it's a pretty nasty disease. The good news is that it's a lot more treatable than osteo. So I've commenced a series of meds (some trial and error is necessary) to hopefully decrease pain, increase mobility and quality of life.

So, I've been thinking about getting back on here again, at least a bit. Probably won't post as prolifically as I did in the past, but I'll try to pipe up once in a while to answer questions that I actually know something about. I've always loved this thread, so I thought it was the best place to reappear!
Our greatest fear should not be of failure, but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.--Francis Chan

stuward

Post by stuward » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:32 pm

For those of you who have assumed that I'm dead
I know you weren't dead because I see you on facebook all the time. However, it's good to see you here again. It's been lonely. Crow had a question recently that you may be able to help him with.

http://exrx.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9930" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Stu Ward
Thanks TimD

Proper Knob

Post by Proper Knob » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:15 am

Are we getting the band back together?

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:24 am

Sure, but I sold my bass.
Our greatest fear should not be of failure, but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.--Francis Chan

stuward

Post by stuward » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:32 pm

As long as you can hum along.

I like the Blues Brothers.

Stu Ward
Thanks TimD

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:07 am

Proper Knob wrote:Are we getting the band back together?
Well, we can at least stir up a little controversy! I tell you, it's "Hokey Pokey".

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:07 am

Proper Knob

Post by Proper Knob » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:37 pm

Jungledoc wrote:Well, we can at least stir up a little controversy! I tell you, it's "Hokey Pokey".
It may very well be round your neck of the woods, but where I'm from it's Cokey!!!! Damn you!!!

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:32 am

I was going to respond by calling you names, but I can't think of any that are bad enough, but wouldn't make my mother roll over in her grave.

It's Pokey. Everywhere. You blunderbottom!