Suggestions... (Diet)

Ask and answer questions, discuss research and applications

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, parth, stuward

pushECX
n00b
n00b

Suggestions... (Diet)

Post by pushECX » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:16 pm

Alright, I was told to post my diet info here in this thread so, here it is.

I'm not very specific at all with my diet, though I feel that I should be. I've mainly been working on eating 6 times a day (and small portions) for the past couple of weeks. I don't pay a whole lot of attention to how much protein, carbs, etc. I take in. My diet basically consists of the following foods:

Oatmeal (It's instant, so...a bit sugary?)
Egg whites
Turkey
Wheat bread
Wheat spaghetti (I guess it's wheat anyway...it says organic too; Don't have the box on me, threw it away)
Soy milk (Silk)
Chicken breasts (normally baked)

Can't really think of anything else...I know it's not much, but I need a LOT of help in this department, too. Thanks a lot for reading this, and thanks a lot for any suggestions you may have!

Oh:
I'm also taking Lean System 7.

My workout thread:
http://exrx.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5694

brook011
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by brook011 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:41 am

The instant stuff HAS to go man. Sorry, you can get yourself some standard oatmeal and microwave it for 5 minutes and be good with that. Toss some splenda and fruit into it and call it a day. And are you lactose intolerant? I would change the silk to milk if you're not, and still limit it as theres alot of sugars in milk, and if you're trying to cut down, it'll make you soft. Beyond that, be what I like to call carb conscious. When you eat them, know you should limit them. Beyond that, where are your vegetables?

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:03 am

Is chicken your only meat? How about some dead cow, or pig or goad or horse or rabbit or something? How about fish?

And fruit? Veggies?

pushECX
n00b
n00b

Post by pushECX » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:14 am

I should probably add that I do eat bananas and green apples. I'm definitely not a fan of fish.As far as vegetables go, yeah, I don't really eat them. Guess I need to start buying some. And no, I'm not lactose intolerant. i just had a lot of Omega-3s in it, and it didn't taste bad at all, so I started buying it.

Ironman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ironman » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:43 pm

Instant is ok if it is the plain kind. that is just what it says, plain oatmeal. It's the flavored ones that are full of sugar.

A good rule of thumb is a complete protein source at every meal. Have more fatty low carb stuff late in the day and have your carbs at breakfast.

So you might have plain oatmeal and a couple eggs. Then later nuts and fruit. Then chicken stir fry for lunch, steak and broccoli for dinner. A couple other snacks and/or post and pre workout shakes. Something like that.

If you eat pasta get the Dreamfields if you eat it later. Or if you eat the regular whole wheat, keep the portion small and have it for lunch.

Less carbs will be better for loosing weight.

brook011
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by brook011 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:51 am

No offense to women, but silk is for women. And vegetables fill your stomach with a nutrient filled fibrous product that will fill you up on less calories. Eat them. And I don't mean corn.