Probably a silly question... (another music thread)

Off topic discussions. Feel free to talk about anything here.

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, darshana, stuward

KenDowns
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: Probably a silly question... (another music thread)

Post by KenDowns » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:28 pm

Jungledoc wrote:Ken--Great job. Your son, that is. You too, paying for the lessons, the piano and all. But he played this really well, and it's a pretty challenging piece.

I could probably lift to that.
Doc, I'll pass on your comments. Thanks.

KPj
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Post by KPj » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:35 am

Ken - that was amazing. Really enjoyed listening to it. I play Piano myself, although no where near that level. I rebelled against classical music when I was learning and this is one of my regrets. I actually only kept going to lessons because I never had the heart to tell my dad I hated it. However, I can honestly say that now, and probably since I was about 17-18, I appreciate being able to play so much, even at my level, and I feel it's one of the best things my Dad could of done for me.

KPj
Thanks TimD

robertscott

Post by robertscott » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:28 am

I'm the same, I was sent off to piano lessons when I was a kid and hated it, didn't like classical music at all.

Looking back I'm so glad they did it, gave me the understanding of music I have now and these days I can play piano, guitar, mandolins and even synthesisers.

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:56 am

I want to announce the organizational meeting of the ExRx Symphony. We'll take any instrument you may play. My first time through college I was a music major, intending to become a conductor. So, I'm in charge! :)
Our greatest fear should not be of failure, but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.--Francis Chan