Testosterone Article

Discussion of peer refereed articles and clinical applications

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, ianjay, stuward

Jungledoc

Re: Testosterone Article

Post by Jungledoc » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:50 pm

stuward wrote:Why are you interested? Is this not something your medical friends might have a better handle on? It's one thing for young healthy people to cycle through some performance enhancing substances on occation, it's something else for treating elderly that probably have other issues, mostly in the areas of cardiovascular system, prostate, lipid metabolism, and insulin sensitivity.
Just interested. My medical friends don't have any better handle on this than I do! There are lots of studies of testosterone supplementation in the sick and frail of all ages, but at lower doses. This is the first study I've seen of test use at these doses in healthy men.
Our greatest fear should not be of failure, but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.--Francis Chan

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:53 pm

Kenny Croxdale wrote:Jungledoc,

Practical Application

I suspect that I am either the only one on this board to have used anabolics over an extended period 1977-1987) of time or the only one to admit it.

That means put me in a competely different Knowledge catagory.
It does, indeed, although Ironman seems to know a lot about it!

Do you feel that you were able to retain the mass gains over a long period of time after you stopped the anabolics? How complicated a "stack" did you use?
Our greatest fear should not be of failure, but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.--Francis Chan

Kenny Croxdale
Powerlifting Ninja
Powerlifting Ninja

Post by Kenny Croxdale » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:55 pm

Jungledoc wrote:
Kenny Croxdale wrote:Jungledoc,

Practical Application

I suspect that I am either the only one on this board to have used anabolics over an extended period 1977-1987) of time or the only one to admit it.

That means put me in a competely different Knowledge catagory.
It does, indeed, although Ironman seems to know a lot about it!
Jungledoc,

Real World Experience

Ironman has some kowledge in this area. However, there a big difference in book knowledge and real word experience.

If he has used anything, his "hand on experience" would be interesting to here.

Politically Incorrect

Some of the biggest problems is that it is politically incorrect to state that you used and the serious

So, many renound athletes NEVER bring it up. My knowledge and use pails in comparison to them.

Two other board that I have posted on belong to of these renound athletes.

Yet in a more indepth discussion BOTH abstained from uttering one word on the topic.

Man Up

What I find interesting is one of these renound athlete's montra is "Man Up". Ironically, this renound athlete was Nowhere to be found on this discussion on his own message board that he also post on.

I guess "Man Up" means everyone body but him.

Do you feel that you were able to retain the mass gains over a long period of time after you stopped the anabolics?

Abosolutely.

You retain more than you lose as long as you keep working out.

How complicated a "stack" did you use?
Stacking, Dosage, Cycle

My dosage weren't that high, my stacks weren't that complicated and my cycles weren't that long.

With that said, I have done better with higher dosages, more intricated stacks, and longer cycles.

Kenny Crodale
Thanks TimD.

Paperclip
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by Paperclip » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:42 pm

Kenny, could you provide us with a quick and dirty estimate about how much a juiced up lifter could outlift a natural lifter? You can take powerlifting as an example.

Kenny Croxdale
Powerlifting Ninja
Powerlifting Ninja

Post by Kenny Croxdale » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:41 am

Paperclip wrote:Kenny, could you provide us with a quick and dirty estimate about how much a juiced up lifter could outlift a natural lifter? You can take powerlifting as an example.
Paperclip,

Quick and Dirty

A lot. There is no simple answer here.

It's like asking how long will you live if you eat a good diet and exercise.

Kenny Croxdale
Thanks TimD.

NightFaLL

Post by NightFaLL » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:47 pm

Easy way to figure out actual natural potential:

Take 'natural' world records:

Drop the weight 15%

Actual natural max weight.

Obviously, this is a joke - somewhat. But pretty much every world record set in any 'natural' competition isn't actual natural - this goes for all sports, powerlifting, running, etc - they've all taken something illegal.

nygmen

Post by nygmen » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:56 pm

Kenny Croxdale wrote: The standard protocol is 200 mg of testosterone every 7-10 days. That 200 mg is just to get your testosterone level UP to normal.

Kenny Croxdale[/color]
So... How do I convince my doctor I need 4x that amount?

I'm just joking... sort of.

CorlessJohnJ

Post by CorlessJohnJ » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:09 pm

nygmen wrote:
Kenny Croxdale wrote: The standard protocol is 200 mg of testosterone every 7-10 days. That 200 mg is just to get your testosterone level UP to normal.

Kenny Croxdale[/color]
So... How do I convince my doctor I need 4x that amount?

I'm just joking... sort of.
I'm dead serious about using them. Even if i have to go black market and get them. People do heroine crack etc. I will improve myself its my body and only a matter of time. I don't care what people think to be completely honest. I love how woman say omg you are so perfect you get bigger you will be gross my opinion is what matters and there are always females out there that loooooove the gross guys. I have no worries haha
"Opportunity does not knock, it presents itself when you beat down the door"

Kyle Chandler