probiotics

Ask and answer questions, discuss research and applications

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, darshana, stuward

commodiusvicus
Novice
Novice

Re: probiotics

Post by commodiusvicus » Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:52 am

can't you just eat yogurt for probiotics and garlic for prebiotics or am i missing something here

stuward

Post by stuward » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:17 am

commodiusvicus wrote:can't you just eat yogurt for probiotics and garlic for prebiotics or am i missing something here
You can, although most commercial yogurt is bastardized beyond recognition as a food and most people don't want to eat that much garlic. I like Frank's idea of making your own.
Stu Ward
Thanks TimD

anzafrank
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by anzafrank » Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:11 pm

Hi ya Doc.! When you comming back to the US to compete with all the wonderful Doc's we now have? Ha!

anzafrank
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by anzafrank » Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:31 pm

Do a Google search on home made probiotics, and you will see It's very easy (a little messy) to make. I found a 1.5 gal. glass jar with glass lid for under 15 bucks at Walmart? You can tell It's working by eating a little too much and getting a minor stomach ache. At least that tells you the good bacteria is working, and if you have terrifying bad gas it will stop it. Make sure you use canning or sea salt that has nothing else in it. This has been a Betty Crocker moment.

Rik-Blades
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by Rik-Blades » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:00 pm

anzafrank wrote:Do a Google search on home made probiotics, and you will see It's very easy (a little messy) to make. I found a 1.5 gal. glass jar with glass lid for under 15 bucks at Walmart? You can tell It's working by eating a little too much and getting a minor stomach ache. At least that tells you the good bacteria is working, and if you have terrifying bad gas it will stop it. Make sure you use canning or sea salt that has nothing else in it. This has been a Betty Crocker moment.
I think you should maybe take this advice with a pinch of alka seltzer salts :pukeleft:
--
...I don't have a signature...

anzafrank
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by anzafrank » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:06 pm

Rik-Blades wrote:
anzafrank wrote:Do a Google search on home made probiotics, and you will see It's very easy (a little messy) to make. I found a 1.5 gal. glass jar with glass lid for under 15 bucks at Walmart? You can tell It's working by eating a little too much and getting a minor stomach ache. At least that tells you the good bacteria is working, and if you have terrifying bad gas it will stop it. Make sure you use canning or sea salt that has nothing else in it. This has been a Betty Crocker moment.
I think you should maybe take this advice with a pinch of alka seltzer salts :pukeleft:
And you are an expert on probiotics? I think you are showing your ignorance.

Rik-Blades
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by Rik-Blades » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:04 pm

anzafrank wrote:
Rik-Blades wrote:
And you are an expert on probiotics? I think you are showing your ignorance.
Its okay mods...I shant bite :thumbleft:
--

Oscar_Actuary
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Post by Oscar_Actuary » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:30 am

Rik-Blades wrote:Its okay mods...I shant bite :thumbleft:
<---- this guy thought you were joking

Rik-Blades
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by Rik-Blades » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:09 am

Rik Blades wrote:I think you should maybe take this advice with a pinch of alka seltzer salts :pukeleft:
Oscar_Actuary wrote:
Rik-Blades wrote:Its okay mods...I shant bite :thumbleft:
<---- this guy thought you were joking
Didn't mean to offend. It was meant as a joke, just in BAD TASTE! groan.... :roll:
--

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:22 am

It's OK, Frank. He's a good kid, and was just joking, not criticizing.
Our greatest fear should not be of failure, but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.--Francis Chan

anzafrank
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by anzafrank » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:16 pm

Sorry Rik, this is what happens when you get old and senile. Your brains fall out, and you can't tell when someone is joking. My bad.

robertscott
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Post by robertscott » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:33 pm

isn't Rik in his forties?...

Rik-Blades
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by Rik-Blades » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:01 pm

robertscott wrote:isn't Rik in his forties?...
sadly...sniff!
--

Rik-Blades
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by Rik-Blades » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:03 pm

anzafrank wrote:Sorry Rik, this is what happens when you get old and senile. Your brains fall out, and you can't tell when someone is joking. My bad.
Dont worry about it, its my dry British sense of humour :thumbleft:
--

Oscar_Actuary
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Post by Oscar_Actuary » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:32 pm

Note to self: They will love you in Britain.